Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sub-standard sub-zero

Excuse the rant that follows.

The fridge is making LOUD LOUD LOUD noises from the interior fan - boo. The whole house shakes. Seriously. My bedroom is above the kitchen and it's like a cheap hotel that you can put quarters into the bed. It looks like an unbalanced interior fan - when the fridge is open and the fan stops, no noise. But I'm not sure how to fix this fan without taking the fridge apart and replacing it. And we can't leave the fridge door open.

We made the fan stop spinning for the time being, just to have some kind of peace and quiet. I'm remembering the last time we had a sub-zero guy come by, and he definitely didn't know what he was doing and was going to charge us anyway. It was a weird situation but it left my fridge compressor much louder than it needs to be. And I thought that was loud, until this freaking fan started up.

We've gotten nasty service people in the past and it makes me sick to my stomach to have to call someone. This guy goes on a long rant about his competitors and I wish I knew how find a honest person to be my best friend and come and fix my fridge. Reminds me of the time I had a plumber come by, say he fixed the toilet, paid him, and the problem came back two hours later. I called him to come back, and he "fixed it" again - and then had the gall to ask me to get paid again, the full amount. Dude. Get over yourself. I kicked him out of my house and didn't pay him the second time. He had this look on his face like, "How rude!"

We called a fridge guy we've had some luck with in the past... $115 per hour plus parts. Even on a Sunday - so we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel.