Friday, January 9, 2009

Resolution Accumulation

I tend to make up New Year's resolutions as they come up, throughout the year. I don't make them on January 1st or December 31st like a normal person. It can be November, and I'll come up with a new resolution to suit whatever is going on. And then I'll try to keep up with it, for maybe a week or so, and then it will be over.

Well, I've accumulated three resolutions over the past week or so already, and I'm proud to announce that I'm doing pretty good keeping them up. I'm going to try to add a measurable component to these resolutions, too.

Resolutions:
  1. Blog. Often. Let's say twice a week. Yay, I've blogged every day since I've started again. And sometimes more than once a day! Who cares if I don't have many visitors... I'm doing this for me. Well, I did have a bunch of visitors when I talked about Superman's Cape. So maybe there's something to those superheroes after all. But I digress.
  2. Speak slowly and softly. Going to be hard to make this one measurable without something monitoring my decibals. Yeah, I'm >40 years old and still don't know how to control my voice. This one is a little tougher but I'm trying.
  3. Get the boy on the bus every day. Sometimes we miss the bus. It's usually my fault. But we've made it all week, wooooo! But, today was just in the knick of time, and I came back to the house to finish getting ready for work, and instead I'm blogging. I think I smell the next resolution:
  4. Work on the procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel.