Friday, January 21, 2011

Top ten signs that your baby has become a teenager.

  1. Cleanliness. He takes a shower every other day. Sometimes every day. Always had to BEG him to take a shower after the grime and grease had been piled on for weeks. Now? He's often cleaner than me. And he even uses the hairdryer.
  2. Privacy. Door's closed when he's in his room. Always. Gets upset when I don't knock. 
  3. Modesty. Can't see his underwear or laundry or anything. 
  4. Phone use. Constantly on the phone.
  5. Sarcasm/Rudeness. Makes fun of his sister. Lots of DUHs and STUPIDs and the like.
  6. Stubbornness. Won't let me help. OK, he was always like that.
  7. Vanity. OMG he looks in the mirror. He checks out his hair. He smooths it out like he's the Fonz. What's up with that? 
  8. Laziness. Doesn't want to help. Would rather just sit and veg. 
  9. Sleeps late. Likes to sleep in. Later than ever before. 
  10. Eats all the time. Food food food, snacking, junk, everything.
But: you done good if he still wants to snuggle with you, and spend time with you in general. So yes, my kid is now a teenager. Yes, he's growing up. And yes, he's still my amazing baby boy, so I'm fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel.