Thursday, January 6, 2011

Best night of tennis, ever.

I started taking tennis lessons over the summer. I'm really not very good. Actually, not good at all. I'd say I'm there for entertainment value for the tennis instructors.

I've never been good at sports. That includes all kinds: team sports, individual sports, recreational sports. I took ballet in preschool, and I seriously think that's all I ever did. Well, other than downhill skiing, which counts as a sport, but for me was always more of a social activity.

I'm enjoying tennis now, though. It's exercise, and eventually I might be able to graduate to advanced beginner. I'll give myself two years. The rest of my beginner class already moved up... but I have no such delusions.


My mom got me a new tennis racquet for Chanukah. I love it... Somehow it made me a better tennis player. The tennis instructor asked me if I went to the islands over winter break and got lessons. I told him that I of course wouldn't cheat on him. But seriously: it must be the racquet. I'm not doing anything differently. I somehow am just able to hit the ball now. 

Doesn't stop me from staying in the beginner class, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel.