Saturday, February 14, 2009

My son owns a duct tape wallet.

The family had a great time on vacation this week. We swam in the humungous indoor waterpark at the Great Wolf Lodge, the kids became Master Magi in the awesome Magiquest game (keeps the kids entertained for HOURS), the girl got a stuffed wolf named Wolfie and we played lots of games together. We've also played:
  • Apples to Apples again (who knew how much they would love this game)
  • Pathfinder (a maze-searching game from my childhood that still holds water, especially with the boy)
  • Set Cubed, a game from the makers of Set that we still aren't entirely thrilled with yet. Set is great, mind you - but the in-laws stole it and the ambiguity of the Set Cubed rules makes us miss the original more.
  • Masterpiece, another antique game from the closet in the fun house. It is based upon art auctions, and the girl kicked butt, even though she completely boycotted playing this game and basically was letting me and the boy win every auction.

One thing I found out about my son this weekend that I didn't know: he owns a duct tape wallet. Yep, a wallet made of duct tape.

I've known people who have had duct tape wallets before. They've made themselves, or ordered them from sites like thinkgeek.com. No matter where it came from, the wallet is always geeky. In a good kind of way. I'm proud to say that the boy is just the right kind of geek: smart yet cool and confident at the same time.

What other geek toys does he own that I don't know about yet? He needs to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel.