Friday, February 13, 2009

Apples of my eye

We are away at the Great Wolf Lodge and having a great time. The boy found some friends from school here and they spent hours at on the water rides. The girl liked them but wanted to do some exploring as well. She made a stuffed wolf and played some Magi-quest, the crazy game throughout the hotel. After dinner, the boy and the girl spent hours and hours on their own chasing quests and adventures with their funky magic wand.

They came back to the hotel room late (10pm!) and wanted to play a game. We had just bought "Apples to Apples" (Expanded party version) from the "game store" (actually the comic book store, but I know what's important). We had this game at one time in the past, but never opened it. In a moment of desperatation, we regifted it to one of the boy's friends for their birthday party which was about to start. Yeah, never said I did anything on time.

The game is very fun and I hope that the boy's friend liked it! We had a blast comparing and deciding what nouns and verbs best matched the adjectives. We were cracking up for an hour. It was a little challenging playing the adult version with a 9-year-old, but we wanted to make sure the game grew with us rather than buying the kid version. At one point, the adjective to match was "FUNKY", and I had "Austin Powers" in my hand. I have to say that I don't know if there is a better card in the 1,000 cards in this box that would match "funky". But, the girl didn't know who Austin Powers is, so she chose another answer. Feh. Another good one was "FAKE" or something like that. I had two good cards for this: "First Man on the Moon" (I don't really think it was fake but was funny) and "Pro Wrestling" (which is what I played and jabbed at the husband about it - he still watches pro wrestling, which I can't stand). Of course, the funniest moments were the silly ones. There is nothing better than family game night, especially on vacation when you can stay up late.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds very fun! We love Apples to Apples with big groups!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel.