Saturday, December 27, 2008

Time to move on

At one point in my life, I worked for General Motors, and ever since then (>15 years), we have always bought American cars. This was not because I had any particular love for the cars themselves. I've been proud to buy American, but the main reasons have been brand loyalty and plain laziness.

Today we are likely to change that pattern when we purchase a new car to replace our failing Oldsmobile. It's bothering me a little. I have been getting e-mails and letters from GM basically pleading with me to remain loyal, but is has been very difficult for us to find GM cars that meet our needs. I also received a holiday card yesterday from a former GM coworker whose husband is still a GM engineer in the depressed economy of Detroit. Her letter was gloomy about the future of GM and I wish the best to them and all GM families.

But, we're still buying a Nissan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel.