Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wrong numbers

If you swap two of the digits of my cell phone number, you'd reach a taxi dispatch service. Which means that if you swap two digits of the taxi dispatch number, you get me.

I constantly get calls from people, often drunk, often at 3am, looking for a cab. It's completely entertaining, and sometimes I even play along. Hopefully these people don't wait TOO long for their cab which will never show up.

I also get a huge amount of misaddressed email. OK, it wasn't very bright of me to choose a simple username for my email address, but that's what you get when you're an early adapter. Often I get repeat emails from the same people trying to reach their friends, clients and coworkers. I'm getting to know all about their lives from their best friends or their parents. I've gotten invited to bachelorette parties and cooking parties. Bike marathons and golf outings. I've gotten real estate contracts and business proposals. Makes me wonder if these people have been getting stuff from MY contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel.